Information on the assignment of dissertations for a Bachelor's degree
Status: 09.07.2020; Modifications are possible
1. General Information
As a Bachelor student of Business Administration at the LMU, you have the opportunity to write a Bachelor thesis at our department. We offer several application deadlines during the year, which are listed below.
- Generally bachelor theses at out department are literature theses. However, in exceptional cases, empirical theses can also be supervised on request.
- The topics of our final theses are closely linked to the current research- and project topics at the professorship (for an overview of our current research- and project topics, see Section 2). This is deliberately designed to provide you with the best support in terms of content. It is possible to work on a topic outside of our current research- and project topics in exceptional cases if you approach us with a well-considered research idea. Please note, however, that your own idea can only be included in the next bachelor thesis cycle and must really be convincing. All topics can be worked on in German as well as in English. It is important to be aware that each topic can only be assigned once.
For questions please contact Stefan Mager email@example.com
2. Research- and project topics at the institute of IBIS
|Research focus of the professorship||Specific research and project topics||Research area of:|
|Use of internal and external IT resources to achieve strategic competitive advantages||Agile Methods
Business Models and Intrapreneurship
|Digital Technologies, Sustainability & Resource Efficiency||Circular Economy||Anne Ixmeier|
|Decentralized technologies and competition between digital platforms||Blockchain and Initial Coin Offerings
Dataportability, Personal Online Data Stores (PODS)
3. Application: Current Bachelor Thesis Topics at IBIS
The registration deadline is over, feedback will be sent to the applicants. The announcement of the topics will be updated regularly. New Bachelor thesis topics can be found here in September 2020.
The assignment of the bachelor thesis takes places after a successful application within the period mentioned and with the help of the Mercator-Application tool: https://www.mercator.bwl.uni-muenchen.de/kurse/ibis-bachelorarbeit
Since the number of applicants is difficult to estimate, we are unfortunately unable to predict the probability of a successful application. Please therefore avoid such requests.
In order to increase the probability of success for your application for a supervision of a bachelor thesis at our profes-sorship, please enter at least two preferences for currently offered bachelor thesis topics in the Mercator tool.
The number of dissertations accepted for supervision depend on the current capacity of the institute. Applicants who have successfully participated in a seminar at the Institutes of Electronic Commerce and Digital Markets (ECM), Busi-ness Informatics and new Media (WIM) or at our professorship (IBIS) will be preferred.
Please submit a proposal for the exposé (i.e. a 3-4-page, comprehensively drafted outline of your Bachelor's thesis to be written) to your responsible supervisor after the topics have been assigned within the period mentioned. Infor-mation on writing an exposé can be found at Downloads/Information on the preparation of scientific papers (see Downloads). A registration at the examination authority should take place immediately after consultation with your supervisor regarding the exposé, at the latest, however, four weeks after the topic has been assigned.
After the announcement of the topic assignments and the registration at the examination authority, a Bachelor Collo-quium takes place in which the students present their work structure and progress. The colloquium not only provides feedback on the procedure, but also includes formal and content-related information on how to deal with the topics. Please note that the colloquium is mandatory.
8. Dates 2019/2020
|Announcement of topics||Application||Assignment||Registration (ISC)||Bachelorkolloquium||Submission (ISC)|
|15.04.2020||15.04. - 22.04.2020||24.04.2020||11.05.2020||03.06.2020||06.07.2020|
|30.06.2020||30.06. - 07.07.2020||09.07.2020||23.07.2020||24.08.2020||17.09.2020|
|29.09.2020||29.09. - 08.10.2020||10.10.2020||23.10.2020||16.11.2020||18.12.2020|
Past Theses Topics:
You can find already submitted theses here.
- Instructions for the preparation of scientific papers (454 KByte)
- Use format templates (2 MByte)
- IBIS template for final work with EndNote-Style (2 MByte)
- IBIS Word Template (EN) (421 KByte)